December 22, 2016
Compass Group celebrates success
Caption: Some of our Star Awards 2016 Winners (from left) Karen Reynecke and Sherry Ning (Auckland), Wendy Hammond (Gisborne), Robert Prior (Dunedin), and Lauren Scott (Auckland).
Compass Group New Zealand celebrated its people’s talent at the company’s annual Star Awards event, by awarding 10 Star Awards and 30 Excellence awards across the country.
“We like to recognise outstanding performance and innovation across Compass Group through our awards as a way to saying thank you and well done to all,” says Compass Group Managing Director Glenn Corbett.
“With nearly 5,000 employees working across our 300 New Zealand sites, our people’s contribution towards our success is significant. While we do select winners, we also acknowledge that many of these people have achieved success thanks to the support from their teams.”
The scope of winners – individuals and sites – reflects the company’s commitment to its clients across New Zealand and the many communities it serves.
“We are a major employer across New Zealand and are proud to be part of each and every community we operate in. Whether we are serving patients in our hospitals, providing food to those serving in our defence force, catering for our young people in education, or providing an outstanding fine-dining experience to clients we are passionate about what we do – providing great food and quality hospitality services,” says Glenn.
“We encourage our people to bring to each of our clients a unique, local flair and flavour to what they do and how they do it. This ensures our services are personal and local.
“These awards recognise those very qualities as well as our people’s ability to not only provide our clients with what they need, but to always be looking at ways to exceed expectation.”
The winners are:
- National Managing Director’s Award, Robert Prior in Dunedin, Sport and Leisure
- Above and Beyond Award, Lauren Scott in Auckland, Medirest
- Site of the Year Award, Dunedin Management Venues Ltd in Dundedin, Sports and Leisure
- Culinary Excellence Award, Greg Peckowski in Dunedin, Sports and Leisure
- Trainee of the Year Award, Dwain Tokoara in Auckland, Medirest
- Leader of the Year Award, Phil Russell in Wellington, Education and Business and Industry
- Customer and Satisfaction of the Year Award, Southern District Health Board in Dunedin, Medirest
- Environment Site of the Year Award, Victoria University in Wellington, Education
- Food Safety of the Year Award, Middlemore Hospital Kitchen in Auckland, Medirest
- Great Site Safety of the Year Award, Gisborne Hospital in Gisborne, Medirest